Here you are…you need to raise money for something. You need people to “buy “ into your reasoning and want to help you. Sure, it would be easy to start a crowd funding page and hope that people will donate to it…but what if you made a night out of it? You know, socialized with people? Gave them something to want to spend their money on?
Actual physical fundraisers are an amazing concept and can help you to raise some money for a cause that you are passionate about, and/or need cash for. Maybe you are running in some sort of charity marathon, or you are starting a small business and need some capital. Maybe you are running away to live alone in a foreign country with none of your belongings and are hoping that some people are going to help you out a little bit financially. Maybe you want a nose job. I don’t know.
What I DO know is that you are hoping to raise some money for something important to you. We can definitely help with this- why don’t you have a rustic sign workshop fundraiser? Here’s a few things to know before you decide to go ahead with any sort of fundraising event:
1. You’re going to have to do some work and put some thought into it. You will have to have a great cause to get people to want to help you. You’ll need to be raising money for something that is worthy enough that your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors,… basically everyone you know who is willing to support you…or at least likes you enough to support whatever you are planning to raise money for. You’ll want them to “buy in” in order to get the turnout you need to make all of your hard work worth it.
2. People need notice! Don’t plan a fundraiser in a week and expect everyone you know to be able to drop everything to attend. Sure, they love you, but people have lives, you know.
3. HUSTLE: Your guest list isn’t going to make itself! At Riverstone Rustic Sign workshops, we are more than happy to create an event for you with all your information. We’ll make some special designs if you want, or we’ll offer different options of projects, like porch signs, farmhouse framed signs, round signs…we have it all…but YOU will need to make sure that you do everything you can to advertise and get butts in seats. That’s how you make the money for your cause.
4. Pick a location that is appropriate for your event. Whether it’s at your home, or a pub, or a community hall. You’ll want to consider lighting (it needs to be bright), space, and tables that accommodate however many guests to plan to have. (Our minimum number for a fundraiser is 10 because we are giving away quite a bit of our profit to you, and it takes a LOT of time to work with each of your guests and accommodate requests, as well as prepare your boards and stencils.)
5. Know what YOU get out of all your hard work with invites and following up with everyone to come to your event. We give 15% of our profit back to you within 24 hours of your event. This is about $6/sign donated back to your cause. We are happy to allow you to raise the price for your rustic sign workshop fundraiser as well. For example, the $6 is based on the standard sign at $55/person. If you chose to charge $65 per person instead, you will get 100% of that additional $10, plus the 15% from us- so now you are making $16/sign. If you have 15 people, your fundraising profit will be $240. If you have 20 people, you’ll get $320. Easy money for your cause, and everyone leaves with something they love.
6. Snacks. Always provide snacks. At the very least, the promise of snacks will absolutely get people in the door.
If you want more info or would like to book a rustic sign workshop fundraiser with us, please contact us for summer of fall date availability at email@example.com.